May 26th, 2011
WIN a great Movie Basket this Sunday at Believers. Basket includes passes to the movie, popcorn, cokes, and candy! We will be giving away two movie baskets at each service, each Sunday, for the next four weeks to promote our June Series “God in Movies”. Drawings will be from your Communication Card the each individual feels out every week.
It’s time for the Summer Blockbusters! Nothing like spending a hot day in a cool theater, enjoying a coke and popcorn, watching a great summer movie. But can God speak to you in a movie? I believe He can.
This June, Summer of 2011, we will be exploring “God in Movies.” We kick it off on June 5th, with “X MEN First Class.”
On June 12th, we will learn how to make summer not a bummer with a great family movie, “Judy Moody and the Not Bummer Summer”.
On Father’s Day, June 19th, we will learn something about fatherhood from our old friend Jim Carrey in “Mr. Popper’s Penguins.”
And the summer movie event that we have all been waiting for “Cars 2” will be June 26th.
Hey I’ve got a great idea! Why don’t we go watch the matinee on Saturday before each sermon? Any takers?
Join us this Sunday, May 29th, for our last lesson on living our “Life on Purpose.” This Sunday is “DREAM”. Live the dream God has for you and learn how to avoid the dream killers!
It is also Communion Sunday and a 5th Sunday, so all of our tithes and offering will go into the building fund. So bring a little extra!
Life on Purpose “DREAM” Believers Statesboro 05-29-11
(Adapted from “God Has A Dream for You” Bill Godwin)
Everybody ends up somewhere, only a few people end up somewhere on purpose.
I believe everyone wants two things:
- They want to have a close relationship with Christ Jesus.
- They want to discover and fulfill God’s purpose for their lives.
“Happy is the man who finds wisdom, and the man who gains understanding; She is a tree of life to those who take hold of her, and happy are all who retain her.” Prov.3:13 & 18 NKJV
Find your purpose. Take hold of your purpose. Retain your purpose.
You are finding your purpose. God has destined you to walk in this purpose, so what is keeping your from fulfilling the dreams that God has for you? The only thing that can keep you from fulfilling your dream is you and your negative thinking. Our spiritual warfare is played out on the battlefield of our mind. Notice that all of the dream killers we will deal with today concern our “thinking”; not what others are telling us, but what we are telling ourselves.
Dream Killer # 1 MY DREAM DOESN’T MATTER.
- Please don’t disagree with what God says about you.
- God thinks your value is unlimited.
- Jesus believes that nothing is impossible for you (Mark 9:23, Matt. 17:20)
- The Holy Spirit lives inside of you and is empowering you.
- God wants to do something great through you.
2 Chr 16:9 “For the eyes of the LORD move to and fro throughout the earth that He may strongly support those whose heart is completely His.” (NAS) God is not searching for talent and ability but rather a heart that is completely His.
- You have a gift!
1 Pet 4:10 “Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God’s grace in its various forms.” (NIV)
- God put the dream in your heart. His touch will make them matter.
- EX: “Touch of the Master Hand.”
Your Dream Does Matter.
Dream Killer # 2 I’M NOT ABLE TO DO GREAT THINGS.
Phil 4:13 “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” (NKJ)
Do you doubt your ability or Christ Jesus’ ability? Are you focused on you or Him?
- Do you believe more in your ability to hear God or in His ability to speak to you?
- Do you believe more in your ability to be used by God or in His ability to use you?
- Do you believe more in your ability to follow God or in His ability to lead you?
The enemy is supposed to try to discourage us. (Or else he wouldn’t be a good devil.)
- Who do you think you are? An empowered child of God.
- Why would anyone want to listen to you? I have the mind of Christ.
- You need help yourself. In my weakness, He is strong.
- You’re not holy enough. You’ve sinned too much. I have the righteousness of Christ.
- You are not trained, certified or ordained. The Holy Spirit is my teacher.
- Someone else could do it better. Maybe but I have a gift to give.
- You will surely fail. The back of the book says we win.
- It has already been done, or said, or … I still have a calling.
“The devil tells me over and over, “You’re not capable of pastoring.” But if your mind is filled with the promises of God, there is no room for Satan, and you will see yourself the way God sees you.”
Your availability makes you valuable. You are in the right place at the right time!
You are able to do great things!
Dream Killer # 3 WHAT IF I FAIL?
Fear of failure kills many dreams.
“The major difference between average people and achieving people is their perception of
and response to failure.” John Maxwell, Failing Forward
Key Facts about Failure
- Everybody Fails.
Michael Jordan missed 9000 shots, lost 300 games and 26 times he was entrusted with the game winning shot and missed.
- Nobody Enjoys Failure.
No one likes it. No one wants to go through it. We hide it, we deny it, we fear it, we ignore it, and we hate it. We tend to do every thing except face it and deal with it.
Often times, we need to understand that failure is a necessary step to success. The person who has never made a mistake has never attempted anything in life.
· Many successful business people, inventors, athletes, and salesmen have failed as often as they have succeeded. Many millionaires have experienced financial bankruptcy and tremendous loss prior to success.
- Anybody Can Learn How To Fail Forward.
· Consider America’s favorite past time, baseball. If a batter is able to get a hit three times out of ten, he will probably end up in the Baseball Hall of Fame. Babe Ruth hit 714 home runs, but did you know that he struck out approximately 1330 times? I wonder what would have happened if Ruth would have focused on the strikes rather than the hits. What if he had lost heart and given up? He didn’t. “The Babe” understood the simple principal that if you want to hit the ball, you must swing the bat!
You will fail, but you will learn to fail forward.
Dream Killer # 4 I DON’T HAVE ANY TIME – MY PLATE IS FULL.
You must believe God has an easier and better way to accomplish your dream than what you know right now.
Make your dream your focus, and you’ll find the time.
- Do you really want it? People do what they want to do. People find the time to do what they want to do.
- Man at the pool of Bethesda in John 5. “Do you want to be healed?” Yes, but …. Focus on what you want, not on the fact that you have no one to help you.
In Christ Jesus, you do have time to fulfill your dreams.
Dream Killer # 5 I DON’T HAVE THE RESOURCES.
An impossible dream requires supernatural resources.
Jesus gave His disciples seemingly, impossible tasks.
- Matt 10:6-8 Go rather to the lost sheep of Israel. As you go, preach this message: ‘The kingdom of heaven is near.’ Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse those who have leprosy, drive out demons. Freely you have received, freely give. (NIV)
- Matthew 14:16 “You give them something to eat.” 5000 men plus women and children. 15,000 people. $9.00 per meal = $135,000 lunch bill.
- John 14:12 I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. (NIV)
Jesus wanted them to reach beyond their natural ability in order to force them to seek a new source of power – God’s.
Do what you love, and money will follow!
Matt 6:33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. (NIV)
EX: 23 year study of 1500 people. 83% chose a career based on $, they would do what they loved later.
17% chose a career based on passion, what they love to do.
At the end of 23 years, there were 101 millionaires in the group. 100 of them came from the group that chose to do what they loved to do.
God has the right person – at the right place and the right time – to help you. Moses, the seventy, Numbers 11:16-17; Jesus, the support team of women, Luke 8:1-3
You Have Supernatural Resources Available to You.
Dream Killer #6 I DON’T KNOW HOW TO GET STARTED.
Departing Point #1 Realize you are accomplishing more right now than you think you are!
Departing Point #2 Be faithful in small things while you are trusting God to promote you and develop your plan.
Departing Point #3 Start writing your Mission Statement.
Departing Point #4 Realize that a vision does not necessarily require immediate action.
WHERE DO I START? Bottom Line: Start right where you are. God has placed you where you are for a purpose. It’s easier to steer something that is moving as opposed to something that is standing still.
EX: Nike: “Just Do It.”
Start Where You Are.
Dream Killer # 7 I’M NOT SURE IF IT’S GOD OR ME.
It Might Be God If …
- Your dream burns in your heart on a consistent basis.
- If the idea keeps coming back to you when you are close to God.
- If when you think about pursing the dream your heart beats faster.
EX: “I love children so much and want to help them to know God. I want to write books to teach them about Jesus and bring them hope and joy to their lives. But, I’m not sure my dream is from God.” Sounds like the Devil to me. I wouldn’t do it if I were you.
Look in your heart; see the dream that is from God.
Dream Killer # 8 I DON’T KNOW WHERE I WILL END UP.
The moment the disciples stepped out of their fishing boat to follow Jesus; they left the security of this world. They didn’t know where they would end up either. But, I bet now they are glad they did.
· You will never become what you might be if you remain where you are.
· In 10 years, you will arrive, but the question is where will you be when you arrive?
“It matters not if you know where your dream will take you. It matters only that you know that your dream will make you. What you will become is far more important than what you will get in life.” Bill Godwin
If you follow your dreams, you will love where you end up.
Dream Killer # 9 I WILL BE REJECTED BY PEOPLE IN MY LIFE.
I tell church planters “Learn to love rejection because it will be with you for a while.”
Not that we really love rejection, but that we learn how to deal with it.
· Jesus was rejected by many. Peter, Paul, or anyone who has ever done anything great for God has experienced rejection.
· Seek to please God, not to please man.
· Ask yourself, “Is my dream worth some rejection?”
· Be like Esther, “If I perish, I perish.”
Some will reject you, but many more will embrace you and your dream.
Dream Killer # 10 I DON’T HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY.
· Bloom where you are planted. Excel right where you are.
· Don’t wait for man to give you opportunities, make your own. (This one got me for a while.)
Do you have any difficulties in your life?
Albert Einstein said, “In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity.”
You are surrounded by more opportunities than you think.
You are finding your purpose. God has destined you to walk in this purpose, so don’t let your thinking lock you out of the fulfillment of your dreams and purpose.
If you have given up on your dreams or are struggling to walk it out, change your way of thinking.
Matt 4:17 From that time on Jesus began to preach, "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is near."
Repent – Metanoeo-To Change your way of thinking
Your dream is part of God’s Kingdom plan.
Repent, change your way of thinking because your dream is at hand.
It’s within your reach!
May 25th, 2011
May 24th, 2011
If you are new to Believers, this dinner is for you! Join Pastor Scott & Janet Moore and the Believers Church staff for dinner. This is a great way to get to know others who are new to the church. We have childcare available for children 10 & under. Please RSVP to 681.1440 and let us know you will be here!
May 19th, 2011
Life on Purpose “Depart” Believers Statesboro 05-22-11
“A ship is safe in harbor, but that’s not what ships are built for.” William Shedd
It’s time for you to depart. It’s time to set sail into your destiny and begin to live your life
If suddenly you discovered that you have unlimited money and resources, unlimited time, and unlimited help, what would you do with your life? If that occurred, you couldn’t say oh I can’t do this or that because of limitations. They are all gone.
Now, let me ask you this. With limited money, limited time, and limited help, how can you start fulfilling your purpose right now?
Yes, even with limitations, there are things you can do right now. It’s time to start. It’s time to sail the ship. It’s time to depart. Let me give you four points that will help you.
Departing Point #1: Realize you are accomplishing more right now than you think you are!
You may find yourself saying, “I know God has something for me to do, but I just don’t know what it is.” Well, don’t overlook what you are already doing for God.
Departing Point #2: Be faithful in small things while you are trusting God to promote you and develop your plan.
Luke 16:10 “He who is faithful in what is least is faithful also in much.”
What about faithfulness in your present job? Colossians 3:23 “And whatever you do, do it heartily, as to the Lord and not to men.”
How you perform in your present job is a direct reflection on how you will perform in other assignments in the future. The principal of sowing and reaping applies here.
God is your promoter! The advancement comes from God not man. You work for Jesus! He is your true boss! A good example is seen in the life of Joseph in Genesis 37; 39; 40; 45.
God will open windows of launch, so watch for them.
Your life mission is lived out in 24 hour segments; one day at a time. Live each day as unto the Lord, faithful to the call.
Don’t dream of your world-wide mission if you’re not being faithful to your home mission.
What was the last thing that God asked you to do? Have you done it yet?
“Do all you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can,
to all the people you can, as long as you can.” John Wesley
Departing Point #3: Start Writing Your Mission Statement.
Habakkuk 2:2-3 The message should be clear and understandable. The mission statement should become our point of reference to always remind us of what we are suppose to be doing and encourage us to be steadfast in fulfilling our mission.
Mission Statement Examples
Bill Godwin: My mission is to inspire, reveal, and empower divine purpose dreams in God’s champions.
Scott Moore July 2000: My mission is to teach, model, and multiply encouragement to God’s people.
Believers Church of Statesboro: Our mission is to teach, encourage, and inspire authentic Christianity to the people of Statesboro, Bulloch County and surrounding areas.
Scott Moore 2009: My mission is to restore, demonstrate, and release the glory back to the Body of Christ (The Church)
Departing Point #4: Realize that a vision does not necessarily require immediate action.
Concerning the life of Joseph. Psalms 105:17-19 Notice the words “till what he foretold came to pass…” Often times even after God begins to reveal our mission, there will be a waiting phase until the time that God’s Word comes to pass. Even after you have a clear vision of your mission in life, you may find yourself in “The Waiting Phase.”
- God matures us during the waiting phase.
- God’s Timing / Prep time / Training time
- God is at work behind the scenes preparing the way.
So what do you do in the mean time? Three things: 1) You pray. 2) You plan. 3) You prepare. Everybody ends up somewhere, only a few people end up somewhere on purpose.
It’s time to Depart and begin to live your Life on Purpose.
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” Mark Twain
How to Write Your Mission Statement
1. What is the end result you want to co-produce in others? What is the Core Value you most want to represent and impart to others? What would you die for? Choose only one core value.
Core Values: Excellence, Dreams, Destiny, Passion, Wholeness, Healing, Greatness, Potential, Possibilities, Truth, Reality, Freedom, Compassion, Dignity, Value, Self-Esteem, Positive Attitude, Faith, Hope, Inner Peace, Harmony, Relationships, Purpose, Organization, Order, Beauty, Hope, Perseverance, Endurance Confidence, Integrity, Honor, Nobility, Royalty, Service, Fulfillment, Meaning, Love, Compassion, Strength, Prosperity, True Success, Righteousness, Justice, Personal Responsibility, Faithfulness, Action, Worship, Intimacy, Courage, Giving, Comfort, Mercy, Respect, Discipline, Life, Joy, Beauty, Victory, Honesty, Faith, Giving, Prosperity, Humility, Wisdom, Prophetic, Encouragement, Strength, Faithfulness, Kindness, Deliverance, Excitement, Healing, Service, Protection, Salvation, The Gospel, Inspiration.
2. Describe the action you can see yourself doing to help others. Underline 10 action words that capture your heart, jump off the page and make your heart beat faster. From those 10 circle the top 3.
Action Words: Blaze, Launch, Ignite, Explode, Impact, Compel, Master, Transform, Radiate, Empower, Champion, Challenge, Shake up, Inspire, Motivate, Encourage, Model, Demonstrate, Refine, Support, Organize, Order, Produce, Nurture, Facilitate, Simplify, Increase, Multiply, Defend, Protect, Enlighten, Reveal, Discover, Impart, Serve, Support, Help, Release, Liberate, Focus, Exalt, Promote, Stir up, Communicate, Speak, Proclaim, Preach, Write, Train, Recognize, Connect, Light, Magnify, Awaken, Activate, Strengthen, Discipline, Create, Prophesy, Sing, Appreciate, Value.
3. What is the type of person you most want to help? Whose success or failure matters the
most to you and touches your heart? Who unlocks your compassion? Select one person type from the people list that you most want to help. If you feel boxed in by choosing only one person type, then say you want to impart your core value to "myself and others" or to "all those around me."
The type of person you want to help: Poor, Broken Hearted, Sick, Families, Leaders,
Achievers, Hungry, the Lost, God’s People, the Church, Business People, Needy,
Teachable, Humble, Fathers, Mothers, Husbands, Wives, Children, Oppressed, Imprisoned, Champions, Willing, Spiritually Hungry, Deceived, Searching, Single Parents, Homeless, Orphans, Widows, Dedicated, Passionate
MY MISSION IS TO
______________________________________ & ___________________________________
(Action Verbs – How you see yourself serving others)
(Core Value – What you want to help these wonderful people achieve)
(To, For, In, or With)
(Who you most want to help)
I will make a list of the good things I am already doing for God.
I will go back and do the last thing that God asked me to do.
As I wait on the Lord, I will pray, plan, and prepare.
May 18th, 2011
May 16th, 2011
Life on Purpose “Discover” Finding Your Mission In Life Believers Statesboro 5-15-11
(Adapted from “God Has A Dream For You” Bill Godwin) (Suggested reading “Chazown” Craig Groeschel)
TWELVE KEYS TO DISCOVER YOUR MISSION IN LIFE
1. Cultivate a strong desire to fulfill God’s plan for your life.
· Proverbs 16:1 Your way or God’s way?
· Proverbs 19:20-21 Many are the plans in a man’s heart, …the LORD’s purpose that prevails.
· Proverbs 21:1-2. (NKJ) Desire God’s plan or mission for your life.
2. Begin asking, seeking, and knocking for a spiritual revelation of your mission.
· Matthew 7:7; Proverbs 2:1-6; Proverbs 8:1; Jeremiah 33:3; Isaiah 58:9 (KJV)
3. What are your desires and inclinations?
God has put His dreams in your heart. The Holy Spirit lives in you.
· If you knew you would not fail, what would you set out to do with your life?
· If suddenly you discover that you had unlimited money and resources, unlimited time, and unlimited help, what would you do with your life? All limitations are gone.
· What would you like written on your tomb stone about your life? What would you like them to say about you when you are gone, not what would they say about you now?
· Picture yourself as an old man or woman. You are walking down a dirt road with one of your grandchildren and they ask you, “Granddaddy, what is the one accomplishment in your life that you are most proud of?” What would you like to be able to tell them? Not what could you tell them now, but what would you like to be able to tell them.
· If Jesus Christ were to swap places with you, what goals would He be setting for His life?
4. What stays with you for the long haul?
You may have some “wild ideas”, but your mission will be something that you just can’t sake. It will be a lasting desire that continues with you.
5. What do you get passionate about? (Core Values)
What do you believe is a cause worth dying for? What do you get on a soap box about?
What angers you?
· God-given vision will begin as a concern.
· You hear or see something that gets your attention.
· Something will bother you, and you will find yourself thinking about it often.
· Jesus was angered by the misuse of the House of God
· Nehemiah was a cup bearer for the King but when He learned of the destruction of the city walls of Jerusalem he was heart broken. His sorrow turned to anger at what should not be! His anger was the point of his power to change the situation.
What brings you joy and satisfaction? What energizes you?
6. What are other people saying about you?
· What are other people saying about you? What are their insights about you?
· What do they tell you that you are good at?
· What do people appreciate about you? What are they always thanking you for?
7. Who are Your Heroes?
- What people do you admire?
- Who is living the life that is closest to what you desire for your own life?
- If you could learn from any one person in the world about any subject, whom would you want to learn from and what would you learn?
8. Write down your ideas, your mission, or life vision.
· “Write the vision and make it plain” Habakkuk 2:2-3
· The message should be clear and understandable.
- The mission statement should become our point of reference to always remind us of what we are suppose to be doing and encourage us to be steadfast in fulfilling our mission.
- A written mission is something that you can lay hold to and run with! Philippians 3:12-14.
- Next week, you will write a mission statement for your life.
9. Associate with positive successful Word people.
- “You can’t fly with eagles if you are hanging around buzzards.”
- He who walks with the wise grows wise. Proverbs 13:18-20
- If you strike a tuning fork, it will vibrate and ring out a certain tune. If you hold that fork close to one that is still, both will began to move to the same resonance.
- 1 Corinthians 15:33 Do not be misled: "Bad company corrupts good character." (NIV)
10. Begin speaking your life vision out loud to yourself and others.
- Understand what the Lord’s will is Eph 5:15-18; Col. 3:16-17
· Proverbs 13:2-3 He who guards his lips guards his life, but he who speaks rashly will come to ruin. (NIV)
· Don’t speak defeat and words that are contrary to God’s plan for your life!
11. Begin to visualize and form mental pictures of you fulfilling your life vision.
· So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen 2 Cor 4:16-18
· Most of the time spiritual warfare takes place in our minds. 2 Cor 10:3-5
· God gave Abraham a visual aid to help him. Look at the stars Abraham. Look at the sand on the shore, Abraham, so shall your descendants be. Hebrews 11:17-19 (NKJ)
· Your vision will motivate you. “Dike builders are a motivated bunch. Saving a town is enough to keep you working through the night. But just filling bags with dirt for the sake of bag-filling will leave you looking at your watch.” Andy Stanley
12. Trust God for the provision and the helpers you need to fulfill your life vision.
Provision always follows Vision!
· Exodus 17:11-12; Luke 10:1-2; Luke 8:1-3
God has a mission for you! This mission fulfills your destiny! In this mission, you will find comfort,
peace, security, and lasting satisfaction. Use these keys, pray for the mind of Christ, and actively begin to seek out God’s mission for your life.
Ask yourself these questions. They will help you get started in discovering your mission.
· What great ideas have come to you that you have not acted upon?
· If you keep going in the direction you are headed right now, will you get where the Lord wants you to go?
May 11th, 2011
Sunday, May 22nd is the time set aside for Water Baptism at Believers Church. Baptism is an outward expression of what has already occurred in our heart and is the next step that Jesus asks us to take after salvation.
"He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned.”. Mark 16:16.
“Then Peter said to them, "Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.” Acts 2:38.
May 11th, 2011
Firm Foundations is a seven week course that is designed for people who have made a commitment to Jesus Christ! Firm Foundations will teach you the bottom line information you need to continue your walk with Christ. Join Pastor Scott on Monday evenings at 7:00 p.m., beginning May 16th at Believers Church, for this next step in your spiritual growth.
TOPICS- SALVATION, PRAYER, BIBLE STUDY, BAPTISM OF THE HOLY SPIRIT, GIFTS OF THE HOLY SPIRIT, FRUIT OF THE SPIRIT AND BODY MINISTRY.
May 5th, 2011
Do you remember your mom telling you that God had a special purpose for you? Something special, a destiny that you were called to fulfill. As I think of Mother’s Day and Destiny, I’m reminded of all the encouraging words that my mother spoke to me. And she was right!
God did have a special purpose and destiny for my life.
Maybe your mother told you the same thing, maybe your mother never told you that, you may not have had a Godly mother, or a mother at all. BUT that doesn’t change the fact that God loves you in a deeper way that not even a mother can! And yes, whether your mother told you or not, God has a special plan and purpose for your life and yes God has a divine destiny for you!
Join us this Sunday. May 8th, 9 or 11, as we celebrate Mother’s Day, and continue to discover Gods Destiny for our lives!
Life on Purpose “Destiny” Believers Statesboro 05-08-11
Everybody ends up somewhere, only a few people end up somewhere on purpose.
Jesus came for a purpose, and He filled us with resurrection life to live on purpose.
Luke 4:43 "… for this purpose I have been sent." (NKJ) Jesus said, Lo I am with you always… Jesus had a purpose, but it didn’t stop. Now with your life, working through you, His purpose can continue on the earth.
I believe everyone wants two things:
- They want to have a close relationship with Christ Jesus.
- They want to discover and fulfill God’s purpose for their lives.
But, what do you believe?
God either has a special destiny for you or He doesn’t. God either has a life of fulfillment, meaning and purpose for you or He doesn’t. You are destined to make a difference in this generation or you’re not. Your life is important or it isn’t.
Let’s settle this question once and for all in this series, “Life On Purpose”.
God Working Through Us
In every generation, God has certain divine purposes and goals that He wants to accomplish.
He is continually looking for men and women through whom He can accomplish those goals.
History bears this out.
Samson Judges 13:5
Jeremiah Jeremiah 1:4-5
Isaiah Isaiah 49:1-6
Esther Esther 4:13-16
John the Baptist Luke 1:13-76
Paul Acts 9:15-16; Acts 26:19; (2Tim 4:6-7)
Jesus Luke 2:40, 46-47, 52
- Jesus knew His job description (Luke 4:18-19, “He has anointed me to…”) and He understood what His purpose was (“For this purpose I have been sent” Luke 4:43).
- Jesus knew what was written about the Son of Man (Mark 9:22;14:22; Luke 22:37; John 13:1).
- Jesus completed His mission. John 17:4 I have brought you glory on earth by completing the work you gave me to do. (NIV)
- Like Jesus, the Scriptures will also be your main avenue to find your mission in life.
What About Us?
- According to Scripture, every believer is supposed to be like Jesus Christ. (Romans 8:29; 2 Corinthians 3:18, Galatians 4;19; Ephesians 4:13-15)
- We have been given the same mission Jesus was given. (John 20:21)
- We have been given the same power of the Holy Spirit to accomplish that mission.
- Jesus is supposed to live His very own life through us. (Galatians 2:20)
- We are supposed to do the very same works Jesus did and even greater works. (Jn 14:12)
Jesus was a world changer and an influencer. To the degree that we let Jesus live and work through us, without hindrance, He will have the same kind of influence through us that He had when He walked the earth.
· God’s plan is not built around your ability. It’s built around His ability.
· It’s not built around what you can do, but around what God can do through you.
· The plan is not based on your resources, but the resources of God.
· When you say that God can’t use you, do you doubt your ability or God’s ability?
GOD HAS A MISSION OR PURPOSE THAT IS UNIQUE FOR YOUR LIFE.
You will never find lasting satisfaction apart from it.
DANGER: The further we go into the series, “Life On Purpose”, you may feel something starting to build within you, something that I call “Godly Discontentment.”
These teachings are going to shake you up and stir your soul, causing you to desire more.
You will begin to want to be what God wants you to be. That will cause change in your life, requiring you to leave your comfort zones. It may even cause you some heartache or pain.
BUT, it is well worth it. There is no better way to live. There is not greater fulfillment. There is no truer joy than to live your life according to God’s plan and divine destiny for your life.
Your Destiny Has an Expected End.
“For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.” Jeremiah 29:11(KJV)
- God’s mission for you is expected to accomplish a certain task.
- Webster defines mission as: 1) a sending out or being sent out with authority to perform a special duty 2) the special task for which a person is apparently destined in life; calling
3) An assigned combat operation.
Your Destiny Was Prepared Beforehand.
Ephesians 2:8-10 declares that we are God’s workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them!
These good works are representative of the destiny and mission God has for your life.
Your mission is the “good works” that you are called to do and should be doing.
Your Destiny Can Be Discovered.
God has promised to teach you in the way you should go.
“I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will guide you with My eye.” Psalms 32:8
Paul’s prayer was that believers would be filled with the knowledge of his (God’s) will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding. Col 1:9
Your Destiny Will Be Reviewed.
“For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad”.
2 Corinthians 5:9-10
Having a sense of our destiny, having a God-given vision, and knowing our mission in life will help us do “the good” that God has for our lives.
I want to be able to say what Paul said,
Acts 26:19 "So then, King Agrippa, I was not disobedient to the vision from heaven. (NIV)
Fulfilling our destiny will bring glory to God. John 17:4 I have brought you glory on earth by completing the work you gave me to do. (NIV)